Mental Health Advocacy
Skills-Based Unit Plans
Teach students how to create a compelling and relevant advocacy message, understand how to boost Mental Health, and access Mental Illness care.
- Eight Lessons
- Health Topic - - Understanding Mental Illness
- Health Skill - - Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
This is a skills-based health education unit designed for high school health. Students will learn how to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
- Lesson 1: What is Advocacy?
- Lesson 2: Advocacy in Real Life
- Lesson 3: How to Be An Advocate
- Lesson 4: Understanding Mental Health
- Lesson 5: Boosting Mental Health
- Lesson 6: Accessing Mental Illness Care
- Lesson 7: Mental Well-Being Advocacy Message
- Lesson 8: Share, Assess, and Reflect
- Detailed teaching guide
- Teaching PowerPoint
- Instruction videos outlining the entire lesson and providing additional teaching insight
- Assessment rubric for summative skill project
National Health Education Standards:
- NHES #8: Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
- NHES #7: Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
- NHES #3: Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
- Ready-to-Teach - This resource comes with everything you need to teach an engaging lesson: teaching guide, teaching PowerPoint, answer key, grading rubric, discussion protocol, exit task, and more
- Skills-Based Approach - This resource teaches student vital knowledge and skills they need to take ownership of their well-being.
- Standard Aligned - This resource was designed in connection to the National Health Education Standards.
- FREE updates for life - Get access to this product and any future updates with your one-time purchase.
You'll Also Love...
Need lesson plans for your next class?
We've got you covered! Download FREE Intro to Health unit plans.