Characterize and Empathy Building Project inspired by R.J. Palacio’s Wonder
Inspired by the genius of R.J Palacio and cultivate empathy with your students!
Use this engaging end-of-book project with your middle school students. After reading Wonder, students will choose one character from the story and delve into the point of view of this character. From their research, students will create a character poster. Once posters are completed, students will review posters of the other main characters.
- Characterization worksheet
- Blank characterization cards (Auggie, Auggie’s parents, Charlotte, Jack, Julian, Justin, Miranda, Mr. Tushman, Summer, Via, and a blank card)
- Character Point of View writing activity
- Writing Personal Precepts worksheet
- Blank precept postcards
- End of project reflection worksheet
- Student and teacher examples of each activity and worksheet
- Project Rubric
Discover this product in action on the Project School Wellness blog!