Resources for Teaching Financial Health
Are you looking for low-prep lesson plans that require no extra planning? Here are some of our Financial Health lesson plans:
Empower students to take ownership of their financial well-being with a skills-based approach. Here are a few ideas for potential lesson topics:
- Analyze how influences impact how you spend money - Analyzing Influences
- Access valid information on investing and saving money - Accessing Valid Information and Services
- Build interpersonal skills to express emotions in a healthy way and nurture a strong community - Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Use the DECIDE Model when making big financial decisions - Making Healthy Decisions
- Set a financial goal to save up for a big purchase - Goal Setting
- Identify and practice financially healthy habits - Self-Management
- Practice advocating for personal issues relating to financial literacy - Advocacy
Explore our blog posts related to Emotional and Mental Health:
Here are a few videos to help you and your students better understand Financial Health concepts:
- What is Financial Health? - Animated
Be sure to download the following free resources related to Emotional and Mental Health:
What is Fiancial Health?
Financial Health refers to understanding money and how it works, knowing how to make and manage money, and being financially secure enough to provide for your needs and wants.
Skills-Based Health Education
A health education framework focused on mastering vital life skills and understanding essential health concepts for the purpose of empowering students to live healthy lives.
Learn how to design and teach skills-based health with our FREE online workshop.
Free Intro to Health Lesson Plan Bundle
Download five FREE lesson plans to teach students about the dimensions of health, health principles, and the Wellness Wheel!