Resources for Teaching Physical Health
Are you looking for low-prep lesson plans that require no extra planning? Here are some of our Physical Health lesson plans:
Empower students to take ownership of their physical well-being with a skills-based approach. Here are a few ideas for potential lesson topics:
- Analyze how physical health is influenced by the people and things in your life - Analyzing Influences
- Learn how to access valid information, services, and products that help enhance physical health - Accessing Valid Information
- Practice making healthy decisions related to the various elements of physical health (being active and working out, hygiene and disease-preventing, eating healthy, and sleep) - Decision Making
- Set practical and personal goals related to the elements of physical health - Goal Setting
- Identify and build healthy habits needed to enhance physical health - Practice Health Enhancing Behaviors
- Practice advocating for personal and community well-being by identifying how the school experience could better improve students’ physical well-being and advocating for change to the principal and school board - Advocacy
What is Physical Health?
Physical Health refers to understanding how your body works, developing habits that enhance your body’s ability to function, and knowing where to seek help if your body is hurt or you’re sick
Skills-Based Health Education
A health education framework focused on mastering vital life skills and understanding essential health concepts for the purpose of empowering students to live healthy lives.
Learn how to design and teach skills-based health with our FREE online workshop.
Free Intro to Health Lesson Plan Bundle
Download five FREE lesson plans to teach students about the dimensions of health, health principles, and the Wellness Wheel!