Resources for Teaching Intellectual Health
Are you looking for low-prep lesson plans that require no extra planning? Here are some of our Intellectual Health lesson plans:
Empower students to take ownership of their intellectual well-being with a skills-based approach. Here are a few ideas for potential lesson topics:
- Accessing valid information when researching and learning about a specific health topic - Accessing Valid Information
- Using interpersonal communication skills while collaborating on health-related projects - Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learning how to set health goals and work towards them - Goal Setting
- Acting with a growth mindset when you face failure and make mistakes - Practicing Health Enhancing Behaviors
- Practice creative problem solving when advocating for solutions to prevalent health issues - Adcovating
Explore our blog posts related to Intellectual Health:
Here are a few videos to help you and your students better understand Intellectual Health concepts:
- What is Intellectual Health? - Animated
Be sure to download the following free resources related to Intellectual Health:
- Intro to Health Bundle
- Free Boom Card Activity - What is Intellectual Health?
- Health Choice Board
What is Intellectual Health?
Intellectual Health refers to having a love for learning, expressing your innate creativity, and believing you are capable of growth.
Skills-Based Health Education
A health education framework focused on mastering vital life skills and understanding essential health concepts for the purpose of empowering students to live healthy lives.
Learn how to design and teach skills-based health with our FREE online workshop.
Free Intro to Health Lesson Plan Bundle
Download five FREE lesson plans to teach students about the dimensions of health, health principles, and the Wellness Wheel!