Resources for Teaching
Embrace and enjoy your sexuality throughout life by...
- Building confidence and security in sexuality and identity
- Engaging in healthy and positive sexual experiences
- Nurturing enriching relationships
- Exercising autonomy over sexuality and body
- Keeping the body free of infection and working at an optimal level
Empower students to take ownership of their sexual well-being with a skills-based approach. Here are a few ideas for potential lesson topics:
- Analyze how values, perceptions, and understandings of Sexual Health are influenced by media and people in your life - Analyzing Influences
- Learn how to access valid information, services, and products related to sexual functioning and the prevention of pregnancy and infections - Accessing Valid Information
- Examine interpersonal communication skills needed to navigate the complexity of consent - Interpersonal Communication
- Practice making healthy decisions related to Sexual Health such as choosing when and with who to engage in sexual activity and determining what type of contraception is best - Decision Making
- Identify and build healthy habits needed to enhance Sexual Health - Practice Health Enhancing Behaviors
- Practice advocating for personal well-being in common Sexual Health situations - Advocacy
Explore our blog posts related to Physical Health:
What is Sexual Health?
Sexual Health refers to embracing and enjoying your sexuality throughout life by building confidence and security in your identity, having healthy and positive sexual experiences, nurturing enriching relationships, exercising autonomy over your sexuality and body, and keeping your body clean and free of disease and working at an optimal level.
Skills-Based Health Education
A health education framework focused on mastering vital life skills and understanding essential health concepts for the purpose of empowering students to live healthy lives.
Learn how to design and teach skills-based health with our FREE online workshop.
Free Intro to Health Lesson Plan Bundle
Download five FREE lesson plans to teach students about the dimensions of health, health principles, and the Wellness Wheel!