Resources for Teaching
Are you looking for low-prep lesson plans that require no extra planning? Here are some of our Social Health lesson plans:
- What is Social Health?
- How to Be a Great Friend with Collaborative Poster
- Healthy Habits for Making Friends
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Relationships
- Media Audit on Relationships
- Advocating for Yourself in Relationships
- Social Health & Happiness
- Social Life Satisfaction
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Bundle - Social Health & Relationships
Empower students to take ownership of their social well-being with a skills-based approach. Here are a few ideas for potential lesson topics:
- Analyze how influences impact a person’s understanding of what healthy vs. unhealthy relationships look like and how people communicate with each other - Analyzing Influences
- Building healthy and constructive communication skills for a variety of social situations - Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Practice making healthy decisions related to social health (i.e. choosing who you hang out with, defining how to social conflict, or determining your social boundaries) - Decision Making
- Identify and build healthy habits needed to enhance social health - Practice Health Enhancing Behaviors
- Practice advocating for yourself in social situations - Advocacy
Be sure to download the following free resources related to Social Health:
What is Social Health?
Social Health refers to having healthy friendships, understanding how to be a good friend, and knowing how to navigate social situations
Skills-Based Health Education
A health education framework focused on mastering vital life skills and understanding essential health concepts for the purpose of empowering students to live healthy lives.
Learn how to design and teach skills-based health with our FREE online workshop.
Free Intro to Health Lesson Plan Bundle
Download five FREE lesson plans to teach students about the dimensions of health, health principles, and the Wellness Wheel!