25 Ways Teachers are Making Students Employable Adults
Just in case you needed a reminder of how awesome you are, I wanted to count the ways you're powerfully changing the lives of your students. Here's a list of 25 things educators teach and promote every day to make sure students (a.k.a. the further leaders of the world) are employable, successful, thriving adults!
25 Vital Things Your Kids Learn at School
- The truth that kindness always wins
- How to actively listen
- Respect for self and others
- The power of being self-reliant and the humility of knowing how to ask for help
- Learning how to work on a team
- The need to be flexible
- How to think critically
- Understanding that failure is simply part of the process
- How to be a problem solver (a.k.a. innovative and creative thinker)
- Practice setting goals and learning how to meet deadlines
- Learning how to view feedback as a gift
- How to always push the boundary of possibility
- Understanding that life is more than work and education
- Learning how to work with people you really, really don't like
- The power of open mindedness
- Understanding how to resolution conflict and handle stressful situations
- Nurturing self-confidence
- Taking pride in working hard and a job well-done
- Learning how to build and sustain social connections
- Understanding how to manage time and responsibilities
- Building skills to deal with life when things don't going exactly as planned
- The value of curiosity and a love of learning & discovery
- Learning how to communicate (...beyond Snapchat)
- The importance of living by a standard of honesty & integrity
- And last but not least, learning how to have fun and play
Teachers, you're seriously amazing. The fact that you teach these fundamental themes on a daily basis is unreal!
Thank you for all you do,
Free Resource Library
Grab the freebie featured in this post, along with 30+ other free goodies in our Free Resource Library! Sign up below for instant access.
A middle school health teacher turned curriculum developer (and #WAHM). I'm on a mission to share the easiest-to-teach, most impactful health lesson plans on the Internet. Because your time and energy is better spent on teaching and connecting, not on planning and prep.